I am never going to boil my corn, ever again.


I never thought of cooking corn inside an oven because I'm used to eating it boiled or grilled. The latter is my least favorite because the corn tends to dry and burn, although I like the smoky flavor. Baked corn on a cob is sweet, juicy, and tender… and it doesn’t drip! I think boiling somehow washes away some of the sugars (high fructose?!!) because I find baked corn more intense and flavorful. Maybe that's why some people add sugar and salt in the water to make it more appealing to the taste buds. Baking is also easier and less hassle to cook (read: boiling a pot of water and splatters), just shove it inside and go to the spa.


Baked Corn on a Cob


2 ears of sweet corn with husks or as much as your oven can accommodate with spaces

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
  2. Wash corn to clean and wet the husks.
  3. Put corn on the oven rack. Be careful and don't let loose husks touch the oven's heating rod.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes.
  5. Peel off husks by twisting it off the cob.


Next time I’m going to try cooking it in aluminum foil with salt and butter. Although cooking in foil is not a healthy practice, but once in a while doesn't hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home